Cooking Art has the perfect recipe to try with your kids this Thanksgiving! Make kid-size cornucopias filled with yummy vegetables.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup of water
- choice of small fresh vegetables
- choice of cut vegetables
- refrigerator puff pastry dough
- 1 egg
- oven preheated to 375 degrees
- baking sheet
- small bowl
- pastry brush
- knife and cutting board
- cone-shaped paper cups
- oven mitt
- Spray a light coating of cooking spray on the baking sheet and the outside of the cup. Set aside.
- Cut the pastry dough into strips about 1/4th inch wide. Beginning at the point of the cup, wrap the pastry dough around the cup. Overlap the dough to resemble a cornucopia.
- Wet the end of the dough with a little water and press so it sticks together to end the design.
- Break the egg over the bowl. Add water and whisk. Set aside.
- Carefully place the pastry cornucopias onto the baking sheet.
- Dip the pastry brush into the egg and water mixture and brush the outside of the pastry cornucopias.
- Place the cornucopias in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the cornucopias to a platter and cool completely.
- Remove the paper cups. Arrange the miniature cut vegetable pieces inside each cornucopia.
- Serve as an accompaniment to a main meal or as a tasty snack.