The inclusion of art education fosters creativity and encourages innovation, problem solving and creative thinking. Check out our favorite activities from Pinterest to start “picking up the STEAM” in your program
The inclusion of art education fosters creativity and encourages innovation, problem solving and creative thinking. Incorporating hands-on, student-centered STEAM activities into the curriculum can strengthen students’ skills and help them grow to become tomorrow’s leaders. Check out our favorite activities from Pinterest to start “picking up the STEAM” in your program:
- STEAM Bored Jar (Left Brain Craft Brain): Find 48 science, technology, engineering, arts & design and math projects that are ready in 5 minutes or less.
- Build & Draw (Hand Made Kids Art): Combine art and engineering by allowing students to build and draw their own roads and highways!
- Baking Soda Paint (Learn Play Imagine): This erupting paint experiment puts an artistic spin on the classic reaction.
- Pi Skyline (What Do We Do All Day?): Create math art by having students graph a city skyline using the numbers in pi.
- Fibonacci Art Project (What Do We Do All Day?): Help students learn about the Fibonacci number sequence using art.
- Tessellations (What Do We Do All Day?): Through art, students can explore patterns and shapes.
- Compass Painting (Housing a Forest): This playful activity is a fun way to combine math and art.
- Craft Stick Catapult (Do It and How): Students can test their engineering skills by designing a catapult.
- Dyed Flowers (The Imagination Tree): This activity combines science and art to demonstrate how water travels through plants using capillary action.
- Butterfly Craft (Buggy and Buddy): Help students create a beautiful piece of art through the exploration of chromatography.