Everyone loves a good mystery! In this life science activity, students will learn about the unique pattern their fingerprint leaves behind and how to identify it.
- Small sheets of paper
- Magnifying glasses
- Ink pad
- Before starting the activity, discuss how DNA fingerprinting is used in criminal investigations.
- Have students press a finger firmly on the ink pad and place a fingerprint on a small sheet of paper.
- Be sure to write students’ names on the back of their print.
- Once dry, mix up the prints.
- Challenge students to use the magnifying glasses to find their own print.
This activity was repurposed from Summer Sizzlers & Magic Mondays: School-Age Theme Activities.