In this science experiment for kids, students will discover what happens when you mix baking soda with vinegar!
- Clear sandwich bag
- 3 tablespoons baking soda
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of vinegar
- Liquid watercolors or food coloring (optional)
- Add the water, vinegar and any coloring to the bag.
- Unfold a tissue and add the baking soda to the center of the tissue. Fold it into a little square so none of the baking soda falls out.
- Go outside or set the baggie somewhere that can get a little messy. Open the corner of the bag and stick the tissue with the baking soda in it inside. Quickly re-seal the bag and stand back to watch!
- As the tissue gets wet the baking soda begins to mix with the vinegar and the bag starts to inflate with carbon dioxide.
- Until the pressure pops the bag and it “explodes”!