Try this simple recipe for kids to make your own ice cream using coffee cans!
- One (3 lb.) clean coffee can
- Once (1 lb.) clean coffee can
- Duct tape
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg (optional)
- Fruit (smashed), chocolate, etc.
- Rock salt
- Ice (crushed or small cubes)
- Pour all food ingredients into the 1-pound coffee can.
- Secure the lid using duct tape.
- Place this can inside the 3-pound coffee can.
- Layer ice and salt around the sides of the small can.
- Secure the lid on the 3-pound can using duct tape.
- Roll the can briskly on hard ground for 10 minutes (cement works best).
- Remove the http://www.cooks.com/recipe/w18b76tz/kids-tin-can-ice-cream.htmllid from the 3-pound can and drain the ice water.
- Remove the lid from the 1-pound can and stir, scraping sides well.
- Re-tape the lid and repeat the entire process.
- This recipe makes about three cups of ice cream.